1 exact match
Exclude any of the below options from the search results:Hide this job Hide jobs with titles like this Hide jobs from Vector Recruitment Ltd. Hide jobs in this location
- Vector Recruitment Ltd.
- Job term
- Job hours
- Full time
Mechanical Design Engineer
Bored? Stuck in a rut adding bells and whistles to existing products product over and over again? If so, read on! We are looking for a bright Mechanical Engineering Graduate (or graduate with a year or so of experience) who wants the chance to develop exciting ‘real world’ products such as industrial robotics, automation systems, pharmaceutical & medical devices (including robotic surgical systems which look like sci-fi!) , consumer electronics products and occasionally defence related technology. This position could be well suited to a Mechanical Engineer graduate who is maybe looking for their first career move or has just completed a degree which includes a year industry placement. If you have more experience we still want to hear from you as we have more senior roles with the same company.
We have been retained on an exclusive basis by this world leading R&D consultancy to find them the brightest, most capable Mechanical Design Engineers in the country. You will have a passion for designing and prototyping Mechanical/ Electro-Mechanical products and assemblies. Development projects will be across a myriad of industry sectors including medical devices, FMCG, Industrial Automation/Special Purpose Machinery and Consumer Electronics. This is NOT a simple CAD Pilot or Industrial Design opportunity with endless time in front of a CAD station. Knowledge of CAD, be it Pro E, Solidworks, CATIA, AutoCAD, etc is still important, but you must be able to take those designs and turn them into a proven concept and prototype –and then on to a finished product. With this in mind you will need to have a good knowledge of mechanical design techniques, material selections, tolerances, controls, mechanisms, automation, engineering mathematics, etc. You will be joining an exceptionally gifted, enthusiastic and friendly group of Design Engineers coming up with cutting edge solutions and designs for the next generation of technology products. You will become a leader in your field and the potential career progression is superb!
You will need;
* Solid academic background, with at least a 2.1 in a relevant discipline (Mechanical Engineering, Automation, mechatronics or equivalent)
* Commercial Mechanical design experience at least 1 year.
* Strong all round Mechanical design experience including; mechanical design techniques, material selections, tolerances, controls, mechanisms, automation, engineering mathematics, concept generation, rapid prototyping.
* Knowledge of CAD Packages (eg any of Pro-E, Solidworks, Solidedge, CATIA, AUTOCAD etc)
* Strong Analysis and mechanical mathematics skills (Geometric, FEA, tolerances, finite element analysis, SPC, Stress, etc)
* Understanding of machining and fabrication
* Understanding of plastics/polymers, moulding parts and tool design (particularly high volume) useful
* Knowledge of Control systems, servo loops, sensor, actuators and motors would be very useful.
In return, you can expect a very competitive salary, fantastic benefits along with an excellent environment, all the latest tools and toys. You can expect plenty of variety with a constant flow of new projects to work on - boredom will never be an issue!
Location: Cambridgeshire (commutable from Bedford, North London, Cambridge, Stevenage, Harlow and Bury St Edmunds)
Salary: £28k - £36k + Bens
If you feel this is the position for you, or for more details, please phone Adam at Vector Recruitment or drop him an email with your CV attached.
- Adam Mayne
Your application for ‘Mechanical Design Engineer’ has been sent
Your application has been successfully sent. Thanks for applying!