Modern Business Solutions
From £45,000 to £55,000 per year + Salary Negotiable DOE
- Job term
- Job hours
Engineering Manager – FMCG Manufacturing
£45,000 – £55,000
Location: North Yorkshire
Our client is a leading FMCG manufacturing organisation with sites throughout the UK and Europe. The Group is a leading supplier within its specialist field, generating large scale revenues and healthy profits. The Group is currently seeking to appoint an Engineering Manager to form part of Site Management Team at a manufacturing plant in North Yorkshire.
Your main direct reporting relationship will be the Site General Manager and/or the Group Engineering Manager.
You will manage a team of c. 15 direct reports on site.
Main Working Relationships
You will work closely with Production Managers, H&S Manager, Site Financial Controller, Site General Manager, HR and such other persons as may be determined by the Company.
• To lead, manage, co-ordinate and control the sites engineering activities.
• Responsible for fixed assets including systems, financial budgets, people and contracted resources for 24/7 operation
• Ensure that the Housekeeping standards as set by Group engineering are adhered to.
• Ensure that all works are carried out in line with Risk management and the standards as set by Group engineering
• Full member of steering group and other management teams
• Lead manager for all engineering problems and emergencies
• Plan, prepare and manage maintenance expenditure to deliver targeted levels of plant performance cost effectively
• Initiate, agree and review succession, training and development plans to ensure an appropriate balance of internal and external skills to deliver Engineering team performance at optimum cost
• Ensure training and application of preventative maintenance schedules and techniques to deliver engineering performance targets
• Set T.P.M. and breakdown standards, initiate and review procedures and measure performance to ensure continuous improvement
• Organise and monitor compliance with statutory Health, Safety and Environmental requirements. Manage engineering risk by formulation of contingency plans
• Ensure capital projects are properly planned, resourced, procured, managed and implemented to successfully deliver projects up to £2m
• Manage CDM requirements
• Plan and control maintenance of utilities to ensure agreed availability and efficiency improvements within budgeted cost
• Motivate and manage personnel under your charge by providing leadership and generating team spirit, maintaining discipline, monitoring performance and providing staff that you are responsible for and to whom you are responsible, with accurate feedback on your department’s and individual performance
• Maintain discipline, including managing levels of absenteeism, amongst the team at all time in accordance with the procedures in the Company Handbook
• Flexible to the needs of the business and prepared to travel to other sites as required by the Group
• Recognised management qualification(s) or experience
• Holds a recognised Engineering qualification(s)
• Extensive knowledge and understanding of engineering practices and site services
• Thorough knowledge of engineering legislation and its application
• Health & Safety, Environmental, CDM, PC and budget trained or experienced
• Ability to identify improvements in the role / site
• Demonstrable communication, negotiation, mentoring and people management skills
• Clear focused, robust and innovative personality
• Calm and professional in a crisis
• Ability to be creative and think outside the box to keep production running
• Excellent time management and organisation skills