From £27,000 to £35,000 per year
- Job term
- Job hours
Biomass & heat pump Manager required to work out of the Reading office. Temp - Perm position, starting as soon as possible.
Days / shifts - 8:30 - 17:00
Hours - 40 hours per week
Salary (Dependant on experience) - £27-35K Per year
Location / travel - Reading office and to project sites when required.
The purpose of this role is to deliver projects within Biomass team in a safe, cost effective and time manner.
· Responsible for the design, installation, repair and servicing of solar hot water systems, heat pumps, Biomass boilers and gas and oil installations.
· Support the ESCO Biomass team on the delivery of Capital projects to meet the customer expectations in respect to scope, quality, programme & value for money.
·Engage with suppliers to ensure their delivery is aligned to affordability, technical standards, Health & Safety and programme.
·Effective management of all stakeholders and ensure that all user requirements & approvals are in place.
·To champion health & safety throughout the life of projects from implementation to final maintenance integration.
·Track performance of suppliers and provide regular reports to management.
· Other duties as reasonably required by the head of ESCO
Qualifications and Experience (Advantageous to this position and the client):
· NVQ 3 or City & Guilds equivalent in mechanical services
· Gas safe registered
· Part L Energy Efficiency
· Water Regulations
· Accreditation from a relevant biomass training course e.g. HETAS or equivalent
· WRAS approved plumbers installation scheme
· ACS modules CCN1, CEN1, HTR1, CKR1, CPA1 & WAT1
· Capable of communicating effectively at all corporate levels.
·Proven ability to effectively manage projects to tight deadlines essential.
·Excellent communication and writing skills.
· Basic word & excel skills an advantage.
·Professional qualifications or evidence of self-development.
Framework and boundaries
·Reporting directly to Head of ESCO
·All activities must adhere to the applicable company and industry policies.
· From time to time requirement to adjust hours or work additional hours to carry out the duties of your job.
This role requires the following Business Behaviours:
Drives self and others to deliver excellence. Makes sure that nothing gets in the way of doing the things we should do.
· Shows high-level of drive and inspiration for their chosen direction
· Works with determination, energy and pace
. Overcomes obstacles, is resilient
·Monitors and continually reviews progress
· Meets operational excellence, service and safety standards
· Decisive and focussed
·Shows a “can do attitude”
Focus on customers
Anticipates customer requirements and delivers the best possible customer experience, every time.
· Delivers excellent customer service
·Tailors their response for different customers
· Thinks about how they impact on customers
· Puts the customer at the heart of their actions
· Anticipates customer needs, is proactive
·Delivers outcomes that benefit stakeholders.
·Represents us positively with all customers, is professional and polite
· Is polite in dealing with customers
Contributes effectively to company business success.
·Knows how their actions impact business targets
· Creates/supports a culture that champions value for money
· Looks to increase business revenue where possible
· Takes action based on their knowledge of market and industry changes
Lead by example
Displays positive business behaviour, takes accountability for actions and empowering others to deliver.
· Treats people with respect
· Encourages and supports others in doing the right things
· Seeks and gives feedback openly and appropriately
· Talks with people, invites their views, sees things from their point of view
·Shares their experience and knowledge to develop others
· Does not tolerate inappropriate business behaviour and deals with it
Builds and maintains open and collaborative relationships. Considers the impact that actions and decisions have on others.
· Develops good working relationships inside and outside of their team
· Manages external and internal stakeholders
· Looks for solutions that have good outcomes for all parties
. Influences positively and constructively
· Communicates clearly and openly
· Works with their team to achieve common goals
· Develops relationships for the good of the client
· Encourages open discussion and debate
Finds ways of doing things better every day. Makes the improvements stick.
· Makes daily small improvements
· Manages change effectively / responds well to change
· Challenges the way things are done, questions efficiency of current processes
· Stays open to change
· Raises opportunities to do things better.