HASELOUR HOUSE MEDIA LIMITED
From £30,000 to £30,000 per year
- Job term
- Job hours
A major FM company are looking to recruit a Mobile Electrical Engineer for Brentford, Newbury and Milton Keynes areas.
Due to client SLA’s the ideal candidate will be able to get to the Brentford area within 1 hours drive. You will operate as part of a mobile engineering team delivering innovative electrical and mechanical planned and reactive maintenance to multiple client data centre and corporate office buildings.
The role has responsibility for the safe, effective, critical operation and maintenance of the business critical services required for the operation of the client’s Data Centres.
As the successful Mobile Electrical Engineer you will ensure all environmental conditions are maintained at all times with regard to critical building (data centre) systems and to carry out Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM), reactive and breakdown works to all mechanical and electrical systems within the site. The role holder must be able to demonstrate relevant knowledge of UPS, Generators, HV, PDU's, CRAC units or equivalent, which will include the ability to fault find.
The Key Elements Of The Role Are:
• Carrying out operational and maintenance activities as directed by the southern principle engineer, ensuring work is executed in a safe, timely and suitable manner
• Working as directed to ensure timely completion of PPM's and reactive work to SLA
• Assisting with incident management and subsequent investigation to establish root cause
• Experienced in the operation and maintenance of data centre critical service systems
• Able to accurately diagnose fault root causes
• Monitoring and maintaining equipment performance to ensure correct operation of the critical services of the Data Centres
• Working with staff, both in-house and external suppliers to deliver a highly focussed client service
• Identifying ways in which the full range of maintenance services can be improved to maximise value, minimise cost, risk and downtime, whilst delivering the desired consistent quality of service
• Working closely with colleagues to deliver against SLA's, improve customer solutions and deliver customer satisfaction
• Working as necessary to deliver completion of routine planned and unplanned maintenance activities
• Actively engaging with and participating in a culture of continuous improvement
• Ensuring the maintenance of accurate plant records, information and reporting systems
• Be aware of S.O.P, E.O.P and escalation procedure
• Understand and have experience of condition based maintenance practices & techniques
• Communication with the helpdesk and client to ensure the necessary information relating to progress on a job is transferred
• Regular contact with the Southern Principle Engineer to establish progress and update with any issues and also to escalate any necessary issues
• Liaising with the Client and understanding their needs and expectations
• To understand contract and Health & Safety requirements/regulations
• To attempt to solve issues in the first instance in a manner that will not put the client’s products or people at risk as a result of our works
• Providing routine call-out cover, as needed to maintain business continuity
• Delivering high quality customer service and customer facing skills
Qualifications and Experience
• 17th edition IEE Regulations
• City and Guild 2391 Inspection and Testing - desirable
• Apprenticeship or Equivalent
• Have a background Building Services and A/C & refrigeration
• City and Guild/BTEC Mechanical and Electrical Building Services Engineering Parts
• 1, 2 and 3 or similar
• NVQ with multi-skilled engineering Level 3
• Hold qualifications in Refrigeration, HVAC, Gas or equivalent
• Full Driving Licence (no more than 6 points on licence for insurance purposes)
• To be part of an on call rota
• Can do attitude
Our client is a leading FSTE 250 Facilities Management company with a £2.5bn turnover and 70,000 employees in over 50 countries worldwide.
All they do is underpinned by our three cores values of Service, Relationships and Teamwork.