Exclude any of the below options from the search results:Hide this job Hide jobs with titles like this Hide jobs from Recruitment21 Hide jobs in this location
- Job term
- Job hours
- Full time
Lecturer in Engineering (Electronics)
Salary £24241 pa to £29787 pa
Our client has a vacancy in Engineering for a Lecturer with the responsibilities and duties associated with the role.
The person appointed needs to be both passionate and enthusiastic about sharing their knowledge with our current and future engineering students but also keen to want to make a difference.
We are looking for the successful candidate to be experienced in teaching with excellent, current subject knowledge related to the engineering sector, specifically with knowledge in areas such as electronics and related maths, PLC’s, electronic fault finding, analogue & digital circuit design and test .
Experience in teaching students of school age (14-16), having the ability to cater for students who are in need of support with learning and social needs would be an advantage.
About the College:
North Warwickshire & Hinckley College is one of the largest providers of education and training in the Midlands. They offer a wide variety of programmes to individuals, communities and businesses.
Duties will include, but not be limited to:-
• formal scheduled teaching
• tutorials and student assessment
• management of learning programmes and curriculum development
• student admissions and induction
• educational guidance and tutorial support
• preparation of learning materials and student assignments
• marking of students' work, and examinations
• management and supervision of student visit programmes as appropriate
• research and other forms of scholarly activity related to the effective delivery of the curriculum
• marketing activities
• consultancy and industrial liaison
• leadership of part-time staff
• administration and organisational activities
• personal professional development
• development of workshop materials
• to liaise with vocational tutors
• to participate with the IV process
• plus undertaking any other duties within the spirit of the job description and commensurate with the grading of the post
• Minimum of level 3 qualification in Engineering
• Teacher training qualifications Certificate in Education/DTLLS, A units, V units or willing to gain within two years of appointment
• Be proficient in the use of Microsoft office applications e.g. Word, Excel, Access, Power Point and other bespoke packages. Have the ability to set up various monitoring reports using IT applications.
• Recent industrial experience in a machining environment using latest technologies with an understanding of the skills required for more traditional machining methods.
• Have experience of working and a positive, flexible manner.
• Have a good recent experience of contributing towards positive change in your environment
• Have experience of openly exchanging information and supporting colleagues
• Have an understanding and be able to demonstrate a commitment to Safeguarding
• Have an understanding and be able to demonstrate a commitment to Equal Opportunities and Diversity
Hours: 37 hours per week.
Closing Date: Sunday 23rd June 2013 at 10pm
- Recruitment 21
Your application for ‘Lecturer in Engineering (Electronics)’ has been sent
Your application has been successfully sent. Thanks for applying!